Cambridge Healthcare, the UK startup whose technology is helping to revolutionise patient care, has opened a Seattle office to piggy-back reform in the United States.
Pharma technology business Vernalis plc, with research operations in Cambridge, has received a $1.5 million milestone payment under a drug discovery collaboration with Roche Group company, Genentech.
Genentech was a trailblazer for the infant UK biotechnology sector when it was founded more than 30 years ago. It is headquartered in San Francisco.
Cambridge antibody technology powerhouse, Kymab, has founded a global academic think tank to accelerate research into translational medicines.
Cambridge life sciences entrepreneur Dr Andy Richards received the BioIndustry Association Lifetime Achievement Award at the Association’s annual gala dinner.
It continues to be a challenging environment for the sector and One Nucleus remains mindful of the need to work very hard to ensure that all our activities provide a tangible benefit for members. With this in mind the company has two brand new initiatives, writes One Nucleus CEO, Harriet Fear.
Nasdaq-quoted Accelrys, Inc, which has a major presence in Cambridge, has paid around $5 million cash for a long-term Swiss partner. The deal could eventually stack up to $10m based on future performance increments.
In 2012 there was estimated to be 308,000 patients remotely monitored by their healthcare provider for congestive heart failure (CHF), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), diabetes, hypertension and mental health conditions worldwide. The majority of these were post-acute patients who have been hospitalised and discharged.
Researchers at the EMBL-European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI) in Cambridge UK have created a way to store data in the form of DNA – a material that lasts for tens of thousands of years.
- Abcam eyes fresh acquisitions
- US giants tap into Cambridge biotech
- Protein key to cheaper drugs
- Antibody firm unveils mouse that roars
- Cambridge Consultants carves out new surgical landscape
- Galapagos acquires Cangenix in £1.5m deal
- Horizon lands Boehringer humdinger
- The changing face of dementia care
- Lab21 sells US lab operations
- Medical device veteran is PneumaCare’s new CEO
- Cambridge accelerates disease diagnostic programmes
- Groundbreaking electronic health record hits the cloud
Page 52 of 130