Despite barbecues still blazing and holiday brochures just as hot, there was never any danger of the dealflow cooling in the Cambridge UK technology cluster in August.
dB Broadcast – a Cambridge Cluster technology business and one the UK’s largest independent systems integrators and product manufacturers for the broadcast sector – has been bought by its management for an undisclosed sum.
Newmarket-based Tattersalls Ltd – Europe’s leading bloodstock auctioneers – has taken a majority stake in French sales company Osarus.
Cambridge UK crowdfunding platform SyndicateRoom, which facilitates new money for technology and general business ventures, is a founder member of Chancellor George Osborne’s new FinTech vehicle, Innovate Finance.
Massive new funding for genomics research, a clutch of floats and fundraisings and the creation of major new R & D centres in the region hoisted the July deals total impacting on the Cambridge UK technology cluster to just short of $2.1 billion.
St Neots-based startup SOS Leak Detection has received funding from RBS and Lombard to assist increased demand for their services.
The Cambridge based corporate finance team at business and financial advisers Grant Thornton has ended its latest financial year on a high, notching up eight major deals between £5 million and £105 million over the past 12 months.
Money Mover, a Cambridge UK startup bidding to disrupt the FinTech (Finance Technology) sector, is set to launch a funding round to raise £500,000.
- BDO named most active financial adviser in East Anglia
- Flaming June takes Cambridge deals to $35.8 billion
- BGL helps Africans fight poverty through education
- Imperial Innovations triggers £150m fundraising
- SyndicateRoom is UK’s fastest growing equity crowdfunding platform
- Atkinson Bolton strengthens proposition with rebrand
- May blossoms as Cambridge deals top $3.57bn in the month
- New funds and support for social entrepreneurs
- Ensors toasts 125th anniversary
- Cambridge tech entrepreneurs massively boost wealth
- PwC connects with switched-on financiers
- Queens’ bursar is new Cambridge Building Society chairman
Page 4 of 34