Cambridge UK crowdfunding platform SyndicateRoom, which facilitates new money for technology and general business ventures, is a founder member of Chancellor George Osborne’s new FinTech vehicle, Innovate Finance.
Massive new funding for genomics research, a clutch of floats and fundraisings and the creation of major new R & D centres in the region hoisted the July deals total impacting on the Cambridge UK technology cluster to just short of $2.1 billion.
St Neots-based startup SOS Leak Detection has received funding from RBS and Lombard to assist increased demand for their services.
The Cambridge based corporate finance team at business and financial advisers Grant Thornton has ended its latest financial year on a high, notching up eight major deals between £5 million and £105 million over the past 12 months.
Money Mover, a Cambridge UK startup bidding to disrupt the FinTech (Finance Technology) sector, is set to launch a funding round to raise £500,000.
BDO has been named the most active financial adviser in East Anglia during the first half of 2014 in the Experian Merger & Acquisition Activity League Table.
A flaming June saw deals impacting on the Cambridge UK technology cluster hit $2.49 billion, taking the 15-month cumulative total to $35.8bn in Business Weekly’s Cambridge Cluster Deals Digest. It took the Digest monthly average to just shy of $2.4 bn.
Employees from Peterborough-based BGL Group have returned from a visit to Zambia where they met the community for whom the insurance company has exclusively funded a new school.
- Imperial Innovations triggers £150m fundraising
- SyndicateRoom is UK’s fastest growing equity crowdfunding platform
- Atkinson Bolton strengthens proposition with rebrand
- May blossoms as Cambridge deals top $3.57bn in the month
- New funds and support for social entrepreneurs
- Ensors toasts 125th anniversary
- Cambridge tech entrepreneurs massively boost wealth
- PwC connects with switched-on financiers
- Queens’ bursar is new Cambridge Building Society chairman
- RPC secures millions to fund China acquisition
- New FD Club launches in Cambridge
- Cambridge deals hit $29.7 billion high after April surge
Page 5 of 35