“We are moving in the right direction but we still have a long way to go”. That would appear to summarise the Chancellor’s latest Autumn statement. It would also accurately summarise last year’s Autumn Statement, the last Budget speech and – adopting my Mystic Meg skills - next year’s Budget speech too.
It has been great to see that things finally seem to have picked up over the last six months or so as consumer and business confidence builds.
The CBI has called on the Chancellor to use the Autumn Statement to support business investment, and wants to see action on business rates, energy and housing to drive economic growth and help with the cost of living.
The Open University has opened a Centre for Public Understanding of Finance. The True Potential Centre is designed to empower the UK public to better manage their finances.
Cambridge technology entrepreneur and angel investor David Cleevely literally took a steak – and then a stake – in a new UK business venture after launching a novel ‘cook-off for cash’ challenge to the founders.
Another massive acquisition by MedImmune and a new fund to uncover the next ARM lit up a vibrant October when deals in the Cambridge UK technology cluster topped $900 million.
Cambridge University, technology superstars in the UK cluster and major investors have joined forces to form a new company to launch a mega-million pound equity lifeline for innovative businesses.
Global technology pioneer Bill Gates is supporting a Cambridge University alumna in a blockbusting new health investment fund.
- Exit planning in Cambridge tech spotlight
- Entrepreneurs eye strong growth
- Eazi payzi for Direct Debits doyen
- Cambridge 6-month deals total tops $22 billion
- Care home boost as Barclays lends £14.8 million
- Llama and pyjamas earns Barclays cash
- Marshall Aerospace in high flying acquisition
- Cambridge bank nears £100 million lending
- Cambridge August deals hit $11.6 billion
- Baker Tilly acquires RSM Tenon
- Hot prospects for yoga business
- Wealth management company acquired
Page 7 of 31