The CBI has called on the Chancellor to use the Autumn Statement to support business investment, and wants to see action on business rates, energy and housing to drive economic growth and help with the cost of living.
The Open University has opened a Centre for Public Understanding of Finance. The True Potential Centre is designed to empower the UK public to better manage their finances.
Cambridge technology entrepreneur and angel investor David Cleevely literally took a steak – and then a stake – in a new UK business venture after launching a novel ‘cook-off for cash’ challenge to the founders.
Another massive acquisition by MedImmune and a new fund to uncover the next ARM lit up a vibrant October when deals in the Cambridge UK technology cluster topped $900 million.
Cambridge University, technology superstars in the UK cluster and major investors have joined forces to form a new company to launch a mega-million pound equity lifeline for innovative businesses.
Global technology pioneer Bill Gates is supporting a Cambridge University alumna in a blockbusting new health investment fund.
Serial Cambridge entrepreneurs and investors Robert Sansom and John Lee get close up and personal with 12 entrepreneurs from the UK and Europe’s technology capital at a November round table.
Cambridge and UK entrepreneurs are predicting strong growth over the next year according to Richard Crane, head of entrepreneurial business at Deloitte in Cambridge.
- Eazi payzi for Direct Debits doyen
- Cambridge 6-month deals total tops $22 billion
- Care home boost as Barclays lends £14.8 million
- Llama and pyjamas earns Barclays cash
- Marshall Aerospace in high flying acquisition
- Cambridge bank nears £100 million lending
- Cambridge August deals hit $11.6 billion
- Baker Tilly acquires RSM Tenon
- Hot prospects for yoga business
- Wealth management company acquired
- Fin Capital pays £650k for Lloyds Bank outlet
- Bank could hit four-year funding target in two
Page 7 of 30