A children’s nursery in Cambridge was rescued at the 11th hour when Cambridge & Counties Bank saved it from a funding crisis. The bank stepped in after the original proposed lender pulled out at short notice.
Simarco, one of the UK’s leading independent freight firms, has acquired Staffordshire-based operator, IFB, for an undisclosed sum.
Professor Prem Sikka of Essex Business School has been awarded a Lifetime Achievement Award from the British Accounting and Finance Association (BAFA). The award recognises the professor’s distinguished service to the accounting academy.
Business bosses at SMEs in the East of England have been allocated £300 million expansion capital in a new £6 billion UK fund launched today by HSBC.
Leading financial adviser Atkinson Bolton Consulting – part of the Mattioli Woods Group – was named Best Tax and Long Term Savings Adviser at this year’s Money Marketing Awards.
A fresh surge of life science transactions, topped by a record month for commercial property ventures, brought deals worth just over $800 million in March in the Cambridge UK technology cluster.
Taking a punt on the Cambridge UK technology cluster – notably the SME business sector – has brought new jobs as well as office space expansion for Cambridge & Counties Bank.
Just over six months since launch, equity crowdfunding platform SyndicateRoom has become only the third of its kind to be directly authorised by the FCA.
- Thumbs up for Chancellor’s pension reform
- The Budget – Personal tax
- What would my SME clients like to see in the Budget?
- The Budget – Medical sector
- Budget poker
- Mexican bank takes Cambridge sustainability software
- Cambridge tech deals bust $27.5bn milestone
- New partner at Grant Thornton Cambridge
- PEM raises cash for Rosie Maternity Hospital
- Cambridge January dealflow near $2 billion
- Material gain as FMG does double
- Business Weekly New Year Honours: Banking & Finance
Page 7 of 34