Jonathan Spence has been appointed as chairman of the board at The Cambridge Building Society following the retirement of Ian O’Reilly.
Niche manufacturer, RPC Group Plc in Northamptonshire has agreed a revolving credit facility of £350 million to support acquisition financing.
A new network for finance chiefs in Cambridge and the East of England has been formed by Chris Chapman, who heads up My Business FD in the UK’s business and technology capital. Chapman said the launch of the FD Club “went fantastically well.”
April deals topped $1.4 billion in the Cambridge UK technology cluster – taking the 13-month cumulative total to $29.7bn.
Chartered accountancy firm, Ensors has appointed Fiona Hotston Moore as a partner.
A children’s nursery in Cambridge was rescued at the 11th hour when Cambridge & Counties Bank saved it from a funding crisis. The bank stepped in after the original proposed lender pulled out at short notice.
Simarco, one of the UK’s leading independent freight firms, has acquired Staffordshire-based operator, IFB, for an undisclosed sum.
Professor Prem Sikka of Essex Business School has been awarded a Lifetime Achievement Award from the British Accounting and Finance Association (BAFA). The award recognises the professor’s distinguished service to the accounting academy.
- HSBC allocates £6 billion for fast-growing SMEs
- Atkinson Bolton scoops top award
- Cambridge deals top $27.5bn in first year of business barometer
- Bank takes punt on Cambridge tech cluster
- Cambridge crowdfunding website earns FCA approval
- Thumbs up for Chancellor’s pension reform
- The Budget – Personal tax
- What would my SME clients like to see in the Budget?
- The Budget – Medical sector
- Budget poker
- Mexican bank takes Cambridge sustainability software
- Cambridge tech deals bust $27.5bn milestone
Page 7 of 35