Cambridge UK technology innovator Cronto Ltd and comdirect bank AG, a leading direct bank in Germany with over 1.7 million customers, have come up with a new weapon in the fight against hackers.
A new crowdfunding syndicate has been launched in the Cambridge UK technology cluster.
I was going to start this piece by saying that as George Osborne stood to present his 4th Budget all the smart money was on a Budget with very little drama as, quite simply, he had no room for manoeuvre.
I do not think that I have ever felt so negative prior to a Budget before. I am not certain if it is just the world weariness of having “seen and heard it all before” that comes with age or whether it is down to the lack of room for manoeuvre owing to the parlous state of the economy, or whether it is specific to this Chancellor. I suspect it is all of the above.
One may be excused for concluding that the medical profession are receiving a not so subtle message from the Treasury to work less hard. Well that may not be the intention although many general practitioners might be interpreting the effect of hard work as a sure way of damaging their finances.
I think the general consensus is that the government needs to take measures to stimulate growth in order that the economy starts moving in the right direction.
Charities are already facing a number of imminent changes. Some of these are designed to be beneficial, but it is clear that others will only increase the administrative burden.
If I was about to start my own business what would I be looking for from the Government in their next budget?
- Budget 2013: My family and I – What would we like to see?
- Budget 2013: The International perspective
- Budget 2013: Grow the economy and grow our businesses
- Budget 2013: A positive outlook for the SME
- Apprenticeships creating billions for business
- Marshall acquisition is solid silver
- New financial probe into Autonomy accounting
- Cambridge challenged to tilt at £350m funding pot
- Crowdfunding billions to boost technology
- UK business rules out aggressive expansion
- Two new partners at Ensors
- Family businesses sold in multimillion pound deal
Page 8 of 28