Richard Blackwell and Ian Barnes, tax partners at Deloitte in Cambridge and St Albans, consider what tax measures the Chancellor is expected to focus on in the Budget on March 21 and what we already know is in the Finance Bill 2012.
New Institute of Directors director general, Simon Walker, has led a strong budget representation from the IoD backed by a shrewd assessment of the UK economy.
Cambridge stratified medicines companies have been handed a golden opportunity to share in a multi-million pound UK funding pot announced by the Technology Strategy Board.
Will Mooney, Carter Jonas partner and joint head of its commercial agency and professional services in the eastern region, takes a ringside seat for the battle of the century.
Idea Transform, a new venture to support entrepreneurs, has launched an initiative to involve and benefit more Cambridge groups as part of the build up to its first weekend event on April 20-22.
Deepak Kale and Jerram Dawes have acquired Autocom and Starcom from private shareholders Tony Starling and Alun Jones in a management buy-in at the Cambridge UK motorcycle technology business.
Cambridge Broadband Networks, which makes point-to-multipoint packet microwave backhaul solutions for mobile broadband network operators, has secured a $7 million line of credit from Silicon Valley Bank.
The UK’s BioMedTech sector has struggled in recent years as jobs in research, trials and production have been shed, writes Tim Ferris, Partner, corporate tax and TMT specialist with BDO. However, the Government has recently weighed in to support the industry with the December Life Sciences strategy paper.
- Cambridge technology businesses prime war chests for buying spree
- N&P creates 40 new jobs
- Interest rate inertia poses threat to business
- Business Weekly New Year Honours – Banking and Finance
- Business Weekly New Year Honours – Accountants
- KPMG reports growth and investment
- La Playa breaks into superyacht market
- Red hot opportunity for pepper grower
- Big Issue Invest puts £400k into innovative housing solution
- New director joins Grant Thornton VAT team
- AIM shake-out almost complete as listings are set to rise
- Solar investment bank delayed by tariff legal battle
Page 8 of 21