Business bosses at SMEs in the East of England have been allocated £300 million expansion capital in a new £6 billion UK fund launched today by HSBC.
Leading financial adviser Atkinson Bolton Consulting – part of the Mattioli Woods Group – was named Best Tax and Long Term Savings Adviser at this year’s Money Marketing Awards.
A fresh surge of life science transactions, topped by a record month for commercial property ventures, brought deals worth just over $800 million in March in the Cambridge UK technology cluster.
Taking a punt on the Cambridge UK technology cluster – notably the SME business sector – has brought new jobs as well as office space expansion for Cambridge & Counties Bank.
Just over six months since launch, equity crowdfunding platform SyndicateRoom has become only the third of its kind to be directly authorised by the FCA.
Listening to the Chancellor’s speech there seemed to be very little for the opposition to take issue with – it appears Ed Milliband thought much the same.
With the coalition running out of Budgets before the next election will we see some tax giveaways for the family? The Personal Allowance (what you can earn before paying tax) reaches the ‘promised’ amount of £10,000 in April having been announced last year. This was as a result of some higher than usual increases so usually I would expect the increases to slow down.
If I were to guess at my typical client’s reply to this question, it would be: lower taxes, simplification and stability. Lower taxes to encourage investment, simplification to reduce costs of compliance and stability to enable clients to plan ahead for the future.
- The Budget – Medical sector
- Budget poker
- Mexican bank takes Cambridge sustainability software
- Cambridge tech deals bust $27.5bn milestone
- New partner at Grant Thornton Cambridge
- PEM raises cash for Rosie Maternity Hospital
- Cambridge January dealflow near $2 billion
- Material gain as FMG does double
- Business Weekly New Year Honours: Banking & Finance
- Business Weekly New Year Honours: Accountants
- Banks backed as attractive lenders again
- Monthind cleans up with acquisitions
Page 8 of 35