A cancer-focused medical technology acquisition boom brought a record month as Business Weekly’s Cambridge Cluster Deals Digest for August hit $11.6 billion.
UK accountancy business, Baker Tilly has struck a deal to acquire the trading operations of stricken competitor RSM Tenon Group plc for an undisclosed sum.
A specialist yoga business is looking to expand across the UK from its maiden venture in Cambridge and has called in financial expertise to accelerate its strategy.
Atkinson Bolton Consulting, the award winning wealth management and employee reward and benefit adviser serving the Cambridge business and technology cluster, has been acquired by UK pensions doyen Mattioli Woods plc.
Strutt & Parker, acting for a private client, has sold the freehold investment of 78-80 Cherry Hinton Road, Cambridge to Fin Capital Limited for £650,000 – representing a net initial yield of 5.4 per cent.
Cambridge & Counties Bank this week celebrated its first anniversary by revealing that it has issued around £40 million in secured lending, made up of around 100 individual loans to small and medium-sized businesses.
Significant deals involving Cambridge UK technology cluster companies topped a quarter of a billion dollars in May – taking the cumulative total in the last two months to around the $750m mark.
A new, transatlantic VC fund has set up in Cambridge UK to back cutting edge technology ventures.
- New recruitment service backs SME growth
- Cambridge deals top half a billion dollars in April
- Ensors’ record month for Mergers & Acquisitions
- Cambridge role in funding coup for German manufacturer
- Profits of doom in Cambridge business scene
- Loan arranger and Cronto fight hackers
- Cambridge crowdfunding concept takes off
- Osborne too cash-strapped to aspire
- Budget 2013: Go on George – amaze me!
- Budget 2013: It’s time to encourage and not discourage, hard work
- Budget 2013: Give struggling businesses a lifeline
- Budget 2013: The charitable sector - go easy please Chancellor!
Page 10 of 32