KPMG’s UK practice reports revenues of €1,965 million for the year to September 30 – growth of seven per cent – and increased turnover in the Cambridge and East of England region.
Cambridge-based specialist insurer, La Playa, has launched into the luxury yacht and pleasure craft market with a new operation in London.
An Essex-based horticultural business is branching out with financial support from Barclays Business.
Big Issue Invest (BII) has invested £400,000 into Suffolk-based Housing Action Limited, an innovative social enterprise providing vulnerable individuals access to housing and support.
Grant Thornton has strengthened its East Anglian VAT team in the UK with the appointment of a new director.
The number of companies listed on AIM is set to increase in the first half of 2012 – for the first time since 2007, according to analysis by Deloitte, the business advisory firm.
Not a Bank, the new Cambridge UK investment vehicle based on solar energy, has been forced to delay launch until 2012 because of a legal wrangle over government feed-in tariffs.
In a counter cyclical achievement, investors from the Beer & Partners angel community attained up to 100 per cent pa returns on two UK companies – one a London poker club and the other a Cambridge MedTech play.
- New regional director for NatWest
- Whiting & Partners moves to new Ely offices
- Business needs more support to stiffen soft backbone of economy
- 40 new jobs for Peterborough
- Business holds its breath for Chancellor’s Autumn Statement
- R & D funding workshop
- Financial planning app launched
- Social media firm raises £100k
- PAYE returns full of silly errors
- Bullish bosses geared for growth
- Taxing day ahead for Cambridge chief executive
- Solar-powered investment initiative ‘not a bank’
Page 10 of 22