Cambridge technology strategy consultancy, nu Angle – which troubleshoots for multinationals post M & A – has ramped up its capability to counter common failings of major deals.
Cambridge & Counties Bank has raced past the £100 million lending milestone. The regional, business bank has now lent more than £113 million, comprising more than 250 loans.
As I write this, we still await the detail on many of the business measures, so it is still hard to be certain what impact some of them will have on business. However, I think at this stage we can give a cautious thumbs up.
With the extensive pre-Autumn Statement press coverage it came as no surprise that the Chancellor offered up a small saving to households in respect of their energy bills.
The Chancellor’s Autumn Statement included two capital gains tax (CGT) measures – one of which had been heavily trailed in the press, whereas the other came as rather a surprise.
“We are moving in the right direction but we still have a long way to go”. That would appear to summarise the Chancellor’s latest Autumn statement. It would also accurately summarise last year’s Autumn Statement, the last Budget speech and – adopting my Mystic Meg skills - next year’s Budget speech too.
It has been great to see that things finally seem to have picked up over the last six months or so as consumer and business confidence builds.
The CBI has called on the Chancellor to use the Autumn Statement to support business investment, and wants to see action on business rates, energy and housing to drive economic growth and help with the cost of living.
- Open University launches finance centre
- Angel takes steak in Cambridge venture
- Cambridge deals top $23bn in seven months
- £50m Cambridge tech superfund to unearth the next ARMs
- Bill Gates backs Cambridge alumna’s $94m health fund
- Exit planning in Cambridge tech spotlight
- Entrepreneurs eye strong growth
- Eazi payzi for Direct Debits doyen
- Cambridge 6-month deals total tops $22 billion
- Care home boost as Barclays lends £14.8 million
- Llama and pyjamas earns Barclays cash
- Marshall Aerospace in high flying acquisition
Page 10 of 34