UK Top 50 ranked independent regional accountancy practice, Larking Gowen, is to further expand throughout East Anglia as the result of a merger with Colchester-based medical accountancy specialists Hubbard Lloyd.
Autumn in the Cambridge UK technology cluster blew in with a fresh windfall of mega-deals – with September transactions topping $2.62 billion to increase the 18-month total to $43.77bn and hoist the monthly average over that time to a new high of $2.43bn.
Complex tax legislation is one of the key factors holding back greater growth and job creation for medium sized businesses (MSBs) across the East of England and UK as a whole – but there are ways of making it less taxing.
Despite barbecues still blazing and holiday brochures just as hot, there was never any danger of the dealflow cooling in the Cambridge UK technology cluster in August.
dB Broadcast – a Cambridge Cluster technology business and one the UK’s largest independent systems integrators and product manufacturers for the broadcast sector – has been bought by its management for an undisclosed sum.
Newmarket-based Tattersalls Ltd – Europe’s leading bloodstock auctioneers – has taken a majority stake in French sales company Osarus.
Cambridge UK crowdfunding platform SyndicateRoom, which facilitates new money for technology and general business ventures, is a founder member of Chancellor George Osborne’s new FinTech vehicle, Innovate Finance.
Massive new funding for genomics research, a clutch of floats and fundraisings and the creation of major new R & D centres in the region hoisted the July deals total impacting on the Cambridge UK technology cluster to just short of $2.1 billion.
- Leak detection business growing fast
- M&A activity gathers further pace at Grant Thornton
- Money Mover bids to raise £500k in Cambridge FinTech sector
- BDO named most active financial adviser in East Anglia
- Flaming June takes Cambridge deals to $35.8 billion
- BGL helps Africans fight poverty through education
- Imperial Innovations triggers £150m fundraising
- SyndicateRoom is UK’s fastest growing equity crowdfunding platform
- Atkinson Bolton strengthens proposition with rebrand
- May blossoms as Cambridge deals top $3.57bn in the month
- New funds and support for social entrepreneurs
- Ensors toasts 125th anniversary
Page 2 of 33