If I were to guess at my typical client’s reply to this question, it would be: lower taxes, simplification and stability. Lower taxes to encourage investment, simplification to reduce costs of compliance and stability to enable clients to plan ahead for the future.
Last year, in this publication, I expressed a hope that the Chancellor would be travelling along the road to Damascus regarding the apparent disincentives of pension membership by the artificial addition of accumulating pension benefits year on year being added to earnings, creating an increasing Income Tax burden which many of you may have been affected by.
George Osborne has something of a card game to play in terms of his penultimate Budget speech. The recovery of the UK economy is well under way, albeit the effects are not yet being felt by a large proportion of the population.
Cambridge technology is being used by one of Mexico’s largest banks to improve the monitoring and analysis of its sustainability practices.
More blockbuster life science deals in February have taken transaction value in the Cambridge UK technology cluster to $27.5 billion in the last 11 months.
The Cambridge office of financial and business adviser Grant Thornton has announced the promotion of Hazel Platt to partner in the firm.
Accountancy firm PEM has presented a cheque to the Rosie Hospital Campaign for £20,896.56 following a year of fundraising.
Engineering and CleanTech joined the party to demonstrate the diversity of the Cambridge UK technology cluster as deal value in the innovation hotspot topped $1.97 billion in January.
- Material gain as FMG does double
- Business Weekly New Year Honours: Banking & Finance
- Business Weekly New Year Honours: Accountants
- Banks backed as attractive lenders again
- Monthind cleans up with acquisitions
- Cambridge team leads access to finance drive
- Tech troubleshooter fights deal failures
- Bank tops £113 million lending landmark
- Autumn Statement – A cautious business thumbs up
- Government must produce a future energy policy for UK
- Residential property relief decision a surprise
- ‘Tis the Season to be Mildly Content
Page 2 of 28