The Cambridge based corporate finance team at business and financial advisers Grant Thornton has ended its latest financial year on a high, notching up eight major deals between £5 million and £105 million over the past 12 months.
Money Mover, a Cambridge UK startup bidding to disrupt the FinTech (Finance Technology) sector, is set to launch a funding round to raise £500,000.
BDO has been named the most active financial adviser in East Anglia during the first half of 2014 in the Experian Merger & Acquisition Activity League Table.
A flaming June saw deals impacting on the Cambridge UK technology cluster hit $2.49 billion, taking the 15-month cumulative total to $35.8bn in Business Weekly’s Cambridge Cluster Deals Digest. It took the Digest monthly average to just shy of $2.4 bn.
Employees from Peterborough-based BGL Group have returned from a visit to Zambia where they met the community for whom the insurance company has exclusively funded a new school.
Imperial Innovations, which has a Cambridge base at Babraham Research Campus, is proceeding with a £150 million placing to feed a cash-hungry science & technology portfolio.
Less than a year after its launch, SyndicateRoom in Cambridge has been named the fastest growing equity crowdfunding platform in the UK, and is increasingly being considered a major player in the market.
UK wealth management and employee benefits business Atkinson Bolton, based in Newmarket near Cambridge, has completed a rebrand to Mattioli Woods plc.
- May blossoms as Cambridge deals top $3.57bn in the month
- New funds and support for social entrepreneurs
- Ensors toasts 125th anniversary
- Cambridge tech entrepreneurs massively boost wealth
- PwC connects with switched-on financiers
- Queens’ bursar is new Cambridge Building Society chairman
- RPC secures millions to fund China acquisition
- New FD Club launches in Cambridge
- Cambridge deals hit $29.7 billion high after April surge
- Ensors coup with high profile new partner
- Bank to the rescue for Cambridge nursery
- Ensors and Birkett Long help drive freight acquisition
Page 2 of 31