Metro Bank has confirmed that it is opening in Cambridge by emerging from stealth with plans for a spectacular launch this weekend.
Motorsports wheel pioneer Dymag has made a dash for cash with Cambridge crowdfunding platform SyndicateRoom in a race for £500k expansion capital.
A fresh surge of life science transactions allied to massive investment in commercial property and infrastructure gave the Cambridge technology cluster a blockbusting finale to 2014.
Cambridge & Counties Bank says it has reached a major milestone in its growth – a quarter of a billion pounds in lending.
Cambridge crowdfunding platform SyndicateRoom is a power behind the stockmarket throne for the newest admission to the AIM market.
Hopes of a pre general election vote winning bag of sweets Autumn Statement were, as far George Osborne had economic capacity to deliver, was broadly satisfied.
An interesting Autumn Statement, and by that I mean not what was generally expected in the areas where we thought there may be changes.
It was announced in the Autumn Statement that the Personal Allowance is to be raised to £10,600 from April; £100 more than expected, saving a basic rate taxpayer £120 in tax.
It was a mixed Autumn Statement for SMEs. For those small enough to qualify, the extension of the doubling of Small Business Rates Relief until April 2016 will certainly be welcome.
In my Autumn Statement comment a week ago, I predicted measures to address the perceived tax avoidance by multinationals and those brave souls still investing in tax schemes.
One tactic that has stuck with me following Britain’s endeavours in sailing events at recent Olympic Games is that it is possible, quite literally, to take the wind out of your opposition’s sails.
How the Chancellor’s Autumn Statement will affect the family is difficult to predict. With an election coming up expect some sort of temptation for the family voter but with the deficit not reducing quickly enough the Government may find their hands tied.
I recently attended a seminar in Paris held by CPA Associates International, the international association of which Ensors is a member.
Whilst formal insolvency appointments have been at relatively low levels for some time now the trading environment for a significant number of businesses and individuals remains very difficult.
Cambridge UK crowdfunding platform SyndicateRoom has enabled an historic real estate fundraising venture to bust its initial £2.1 million target in just 12 days.
Seasoned investors and companies from the Cambridge, Norfolk and London technology communities attended the inaugural pitch event held by the new Anglia Capital Group at Norwich Research Park Centrum building.
- Autumn Statement: Treasury alert to multinational tax avoidance
- AZ factor worth billions as Cambridge deals surge
- Hollywood director tops £1m mark with Cambridge crowd
- Model horse company in £25k race against time
- Autumn Statement: Medical sector feels pain of tax strangulation
- Autumn Statement: What’s around the corner for SME’s?
- Autumn Statement: Entrepreneurs still need support as pace of growth picks up
- Cambridge crowd pleasers ride alternative finance boom
- DFJ Esprit buys TTP Ventures investment portfolio
- October deals record edges Cambridge towards $50bn landmark
- Larking Gowen to expand after merger with Hubbard Lloyd
- September windfall takes Cambridge deals to $44bn in 18 months
- Supporting ‘stuck-in-the-middle’ MBSs
- Cambridge August deals burn hot with record £3.25bn
- db Broadcast bought by management
- Tattersalls buys majority stake in French sales firm
- SyndicateRoom in front line of Osborne’s FinTech army
- July deals another blockbuster for Cambridge
- Leak detection business growing fast
- M&A activity gathers further pace at Grant Thornton
- Money Mover bids to raise £500k in Cambridge FinTech sector
- BDO named most active financial adviser in East Anglia
- Flaming June takes Cambridge deals to $35.8 billion
- BGL helps Africans fight poverty through education
- Imperial Innovations triggers £150m fundraising
- SyndicateRoom is UK’s fastest growing equity crowdfunding platform
- Atkinson Bolton strengthens proposition with rebrand
- May blossoms as Cambridge deals top $3.57bn in the month
- New funds and support for social entrepreneurs
- Ensors toasts 125th anniversary
- Cambridge tech entrepreneurs massively boost wealth
- PwC connects with switched-on financiers
Page 1 of 18