Complex tax legislation is one of the key factors holding back greater growth and job creation for medium sized businesses (MSBs) across the East of England and UK as a whole – but there are ways of making it less taxing.
Despite barbecues still blazing and holiday brochures just as hot, there was never any danger of the dealflow cooling in the Cambridge UK technology cluster in August.
dB Broadcast – a Cambridge Cluster technology business and one the UK’s largest independent systems integrators and product manufacturers for the broadcast sector – has been bought by its management for an undisclosed sum.
Newmarket-based Tattersalls Ltd – Europe’s leading bloodstock auctioneers – has taken a majority stake in French sales company Osarus.
Cambridge UK crowdfunding platform SyndicateRoom, which facilitates new money for technology and general business ventures, is a founder member of Chancellor George Osborne’s new FinTech vehicle, Innovate Finance.
Massive new funding for genomics research, a clutch of floats and fundraisings and the creation of major new R & D centres in the region hoisted the July deals total impacting on the Cambridge UK technology cluster to just short of $2.1 billion.
St Neots-based startup SOS Leak Detection has received funding from RBS and Lombard to assist increased demand for their services.
The Cambridge based corporate finance team at business and financial advisers Grant Thornton has ended its latest financial year on a high, notching up eight major deals between £5 million and £105 million over the past 12 months.
Money Mover, a Cambridge UK startup bidding to disrupt the FinTech (Finance Technology) sector, is set to launch a funding round to raise £500,000.
BDO has been named the most active financial adviser in East Anglia during the first half of 2014 in the Experian Merger & Acquisition Activity League Table.
A flaming June saw deals impacting on the Cambridge UK technology cluster hit $2.49 billion, taking the 15-month cumulative total to $35.8bn in Business Weekly’s Cambridge Cluster Deals Digest. It took the Digest monthly average to just shy of $2.4 bn.
Employees from Peterborough-based BGL Group have returned from a visit to Zambia where they met the community for whom the insurance company has exclusively funded a new school.
Imperial Innovations, which has a Cambridge base at Babraham Research Campus, is proceeding with a £150 million placing to feed a cash-hungry science & technology portfolio.
Less than a year after its launch, SyndicateRoom in Cambridge has been named the fastest growing equity crowdfunding platform in the UK, and is increasingly being considered a major player in the market.
UK wealth management and employee benefits business Atkinson Bolton, based in Newmarket near Cambridge, has completed a rebrand to Mattioli Woods plc.
May deals impacting on the Cambridge UK technology cluster registered $3.57 billion – one of the highest month’s figures on record.
- New funds and support for social entrepreneurs
- Ensors toasts 125th anniversary
- Cambridge tech entrepreneurs massively boost wealth
- PwC connects with switched-on financiers
- Queens’ bursar is new Cambridge Building Society chairman
- RPC secures millions to fund China acquisition
- New FD Club launches in Cambridge
- Cambridge deals hit $29.7 billion high after April surge
- Ensors coup with high profile new partner
- Bank to the rescue for Cambridge nursery
- Ensors and Birkett Long help drive freight acquisition
- Lifetime Achievement Award for accountancy expert
- HSBC allocates £6 billion for fast-growing SMEs
- Atkinson Bolton scoops top award
- Cambridge deals top $27.5bn in first year of business barometer
- Bank takes punt on Cambridge tech cluster
Page 1 of 16