UK plcs are sitting on £64 billion of excess working capital, according to a leading Cambridge accountant.
The pensions of British workers are being jeopardised by the City’s over reliance on high carbon investments, according to Dr Aled Jones, Director of Anglia Ruskin University’s Global Sustainability Institute in Cambridge UK.
A new funding and services powerhouse has been formed to provide cash to high-growth East of England SMEs.
One of the region’s leading accountancy firms, Lovewell Blake, has opened a new office in Bury St Edmunds as the latest move in expanding business in Suffolk.
ProMetic Life Sciences Inc has signed an agreement with an unnamed leading European biotechnology manufacturing company.
Building a ‘green’ employee benefits package that can fit with your company’s ethos and credentials and your employees’ attitudes can be achieved with some thought and careful design. James Bolton, managing director of Atkinson Bolton Consulting Ltd, looks at some key areas.
Peterborough based Worldwide Group Holdings Ltd (Worldwide), a leading B2B reseller of telecoms services, has been acquired by Daisy Group plc for an initial cash consideration of £28 million, plus an earn-out.
Cambridge based Camgrain Stores, the UK’s largest farmer-owned central storage co-operative, has moved its banking to HSBC, securing extra funding to develop its new central storage facility in Kettering, Northamptonshire.
Leading UK law firm Birketts, with its HQ in Cambridge, has advised on the acquisition of Ipswich-based animal feed company BOCM PAULS by ForFarmers Group, whose head office is in the Netherlands.
Initiatives to boost the fishing industry in north Norfolk are being backed by a £2.4 million investment programme drawing on European funding.
Atkinson Bolton Consulting, based in Newmarket, won the IFA of the Year title at the 2012 Money Marketing Financial Services Awards.
Richard Blackwell and Ian Barnes, tax partners at Deloitte in Cambridge and St Albans, consider what tax measures the Chancellor is expected to focus on in the Budget on March 21 and what we already know is in the Finance Bill 2012.
New Institute of Directors director general, Simon Walker, has led a strong budget representation from the IoD backed by a shrewd assessment of the UK economy.
Cambridge stratified medicines companies have been handed a golden opportunity to share in a multi-million pound UK funding pot announced by the Technology Strategy Board.
Will Mooney, Carter Jonas partner and joint head of its commercial agency and professional services in the eastern region, takes a ringside seat for the battle of the century.
Idea Transform, a new venture to support entrepreneurs, has launched an initiative to involve and benefit more Cambridge groups as part of the build up to its first weekend event on April 20-22.
- Managers buy motorcycle tech business
- Cambridge Broadband clinches $7m from SVB
- Investors continue to rate BioMedTech cluster
- Cambridge technology businesses prime war chests for buying spree
- N&P creates 40 new jobs
- Interest rate inertia poses threat to business
- Business Weekly New Year Honours – Banking and Finance
- Business Weekly New Year Honours – Accountants
- KPMG reports growth and investment
- La Playa breaks into superyacht market
- Red hot opportunity for pepper grower
- Big Issue Invest puts £400k into innovative housing solution
- New director joins Grant Thornton VAT team
- AIM shake-out almost complete as listings are set to rise
- Solar investment bank delayed by tariff legal battle
- Poker and MedTech deal aces to investors
Page 4 of 11