The transformation of a 1980s office building into a high quality care and nursing home is progressing at speed as contractor, Wates, prepares to embark on the second phase of the development on Pegs Lane in Hertford.
Construction has started on a 42,000 sq ft R & D building pre-let to Takeda Cambridge Limited at 430 Cambridge Science Park. Work is due to be completed in April 2015.
CCLA Investment Management Ltd, advised by Bidwells, has acquired a 123,000 sq ft freehold warehouse in Peterborough which is home to Ideal Shopping Direct Limited, the UK’s leading multi-channel home shopping company.
The former Park and Ride site at Cowley Rd, Cambridge is available to let.
Royston Labels has bought a 60,000 sq ft production and warehouse complex, which was on the market for around £1.5million with agents Cheffins and Brown and Lee.
Paul Sheffield is stepping down as Chief Executive of Kier plc at the end of June 2014 and will be succeeded by current Group Finance Director, Haydn Mursell.
Heavy building materials specialist Keyline has named its Milton Keynes operation as ‘Branch of the Year’.
Parcel delivery company, DPD has invested in a new 37,000 sq ft purpose built depot in Peterborough, which will create 50 new jobs when fully operational.
Homerton College has received approval from Cambridge City Council for a £60 million development next to its site on Hills Road at the heart of the UK’s technology capital.
Massive take-up of Cambridge offices in 2013 has diluted the available pool of top quality properties and triggered unprecedented levels of new development, leading agency Bidwells reports.
Barker Storey Matthews has been instructed to market up to 84,300 sq ft of offices to let at Castle Court on Castle Hill, Cambridge on behalf of Cambridgeshire County Council.
MP Real Estate, acting on behalf of Ignis Asset Management, has secured a sale of Units 1 and 2 Craven Court, Willie Snaith Road, Newmarket, to Balvraid Properties Limited for £1.825 million.
Cavenham Estates is due to bring to market a large industrial/warehouse premises in Mildenhall through agents Bidwells and Merrifields.
Up to 30 new jobs will be created in Huntingdon after London firm Hillaldam Coburn’s decision to relocate from Wimbledon.
Hertfordshire building contractor BAM, which has worked extensively in Cambridge and the wider region, has made an arresting start to 2014 by winning a contract in the development of the new Metropolitan Police Service headquarters, Scotland Yard.
Bidwells has advised Royal London Asset Management on the acquisition of Vision Park, Cambridge for £28.5 million from a fund managed by J.P Morgan Asset Management.
- Business Weekly New Year Honours: Property Professionals
- Contractor chosen for £12.9m Nuffield hospital
- Cambridge station zone revamp fast-tracked
- Construction firm moves to Cambridge
- East of England leads UK construction spree
- Investment reflects property upsurge
- Investors pay millions for slice of Cambridge
- Carter Jonas expands energy and marine team
- Former PDX home on the market
- Parties in talks over former Lola Cars HQ
- Marshall submits plans for urban quarter
- Mount Pleasant House acquired for £10.655m
- Mott MacDonald and Birketts in at the start of new HQs
- Bidwells instructed to let warehouses in Sawston
- EBS converts Norwich pub into new base
- Siemens leases 30,000 sq ft in Cambridge
Page 1 of 27