Stansted Airport owner BAA has summoned legal big guns to fight an order to sell the Essex hub, which is attracting major global businesses to the Cambridge UK technology cluster.
Marshall, the family-owned car deal group headquartered in Cambridge UK, has completed the acquisition of the Lincoln Jaguar business from the Cooperative Society.
A delegation of senior executives from Tokyo’s Narita Airport have visited London Stansted to draw lessons about how the world’s best airport for low cost airlines operates.
The Port of Felixstowe today holds a ground-breaking ceremony to mark the formal start of the new North Rail Terminal project.
Flyers from Cambridge Airport have been handed a new service to the Burgundy region of France, starting this summer.
The Port of Felixstowe is celebrating the start of a new transatlantic service which called at Britain’s largest container port recently. The service, operated by The New World Alliance Lines, will serve N. Europe, the UK and a selection of US East Coast ports and Panama.
Aer Lingus Regional, operated by Aer Arann, is launching a new daily route between London Southend Airport and Dublin offering transatlantic connectivity to the US.
ExecuJet Europe is to relocate a key operation to Cambridge Airport from Zurich and bring a number of new jobs in the process.
A proposed extension to the new terminal at London Southend Airport would result in more than 300 hundred additional new jobs being created.
Greater Anglia has started providing intercity, commuter and rural rail services throughout the East of England region – including the Stansted Express service between the airport and London Liverpool Street.
Low fares airline Ryanair has stepped into the breach following the closure of Malev airline by launching a Budapest-Stansted service along with flights between Hungary and other UK hubs.
Slovenia’s national flag carrier, Adria Airways, is to start flights from Luton Airport in March.
Jersey-based C. I. Travel Group is launching a new air route from Cambridge Airport to Jersey, linking the famous university city with the island for the first time since 2006.
BAA management will meet with lawyers to decide whether to obey a ‘sell Stansted Airport’ order from the Competition Commission or take the appeal further and higher.
Cambridge Aero Club will take over all the handling of most private general aviation and helicopters at Cambridge Airport in the New Year.
Stansted is the third most punctual airport for departing flights in the world and top for the UK and Europe.
- Cambridge Airport pioneers GPS runway approach technology
- Hole lot of fun at Jade Mountain
- Cambridgeshire duo top of the cocoa pops
- Regional airlines on the radar as Marshall Group expands
- May Gurney deal stacks up to £66m
- New rail record at Felixstowe port
- Superjumbos wing in for Stansted role
- Cambridge guided bus to be extended north?
- Engineers demand action on aviation pollution
- Tesco rail shipments boosted
- Cambridge Airport Olympics boost from ExecuJet tie-up
- Angels give wings to e-Go aeroplanes
- Cambridge Airport 24/7 for Olympics as business booms
- BAA fights ‘sell Stansted’ ruling
- easyJet in €4.5m move to boost Dutch tourism
- Nigerian jet makes Cambridge despite mid-air ‘mayday’
Page 3 of 8