Conference Cambridge is playing a lead role in a concerted campaign by UK events ambassadors working to bring more business and academic functions to the UK.
Venues and Events
Conference Cambridge, the free venue-finding service for the University, colleges, hotels and other unique properties in and around Cambridge, is announcing an exciting new facility at one of the venues in its portfolio.
A team from Conference Cambridge in the UK technology cluster has returned from the IMEX America Show in Las Vegas with event enquiries worth over £300,000 which could bring an estimated £900,000 of business to the local economy.
A new initiative to encourage Cambridgeshire businesses and organisations to ‘think local’ when choosing venues for events has been launched.
Creating Cambridge’s BIG Christmas party takes place on Friday December 6 at the Cambridge Union Society.
Community-based charity Care Network Cambridgeshire raised more than £12k from a charity ball supported by local companies at Queens’ College Cambridge.
Care Network Cambridgeshire (CNC) is holding its inaugural Michaelmas Ball on Saturday 21st September at Queens’ College, Cambridge to raise awareness of the charity as well as fundraising to support the work it carries out.
Having recently completed a £3.5 million facility investment across its two specialist venues, Wyboston Lakes has announced a significant new space for training events, the Willows Conference Suite.
Enterprising East of England companies have adjusted their sights with immense verve in recent months to find new target markets for overseas sales. If European markets have hit problems they have looked farther afield, picking and mixing with shrewdness and vigour.
Business Secretary Vince Cable is eating and drinking Cambridge business next week when he spearheads breakfast and lunch events in the UK’s leading technology cluster.
Downing College, Cambridge has expanded its conference team with the appointment of Isabelle Maxwell-Watts as conference and sales co-ordinator.
Jockey Club Racecourses, the UK’s largest racecourse group, has promoted Nadia Gollings to Huntingdon Racecourse’s general manager role.
Silicon Valley Bank is hosting an event in Cambridge to showcase funding opportunities for UK technology companies.
Cambridge Wireless has arranged a UK summit to address the challenge that effective deployment of small cells technology poses to mobile operators.
Vicki Blake has been appointed events manager at the Norfolk Showground at Costessey.
Inside track advice on harnessing social media and the gift of attracting top sponsors are among the topics on the agenda for an events masterclass in Cambridge on Thursday January 17.
- Exhibition specialist under new management
- Cambridge academic venues in 2013 showcase
- Wyboston quality endorsed by new award
- Cambridge hosts historic ZX Spectrum jamboree
- Falcon swoops with recession busting expo
- World scientists in Cambridge ageing summit
- Wellcome £9m boost for scientific conferences
- Record £29m haul for Cambridge conference trade
- Babraham chief hails record-breaking BIF event
- Summer school ‘Ignites’ entrepreneurial passion
- Cambridge wins global conference trade millions
- Double gold for Møller Centre
- New MD for Wyboston Lakes Venues
- Cambridge stages digital marketing masterclass
- TTP in concert with community
- Conference wins bring £750k and 2,000 people to Cambridge
Page 1 of 3