DiT export drive to benefit small and micro-businesses
The Department for International Trade has launched its 2022 Export Academy programme which is designed to give small and micro-businesses the tools to sell to customers around the world.
The programme is open to any UK business which has a product or service that can be sold internationally. It is for businesses who know that they want to reach international customers and contracts in the future, as well as those who might already be selling beyond the UK and want to expand into new markets.
The programme (July 4-August 17) is free and offers applicants the opportunity to learn directly from experts in international trade who will also be on hand to provide support across a range of sectors and businesses.
The DiT team in the East of England has helped a number of companies with international expansion in recent years, and is now looking for a fresh wave of innovators with ambitions to take their products to the global stage.
The new core module series dates for Export Academy are:
- Understanding Benefits and Barriers of Export 4 July 2022, 10:00 - 11:00
- Understanding International Commercial Terms 11 July 2022, 10:00 - 11:00
- International Market Research 4 July 2022, 11:00 – 12:00
- Selling Services Overseas (Part 1) 13 July 2022, 10:00 - 11:00
- Basic Export Procedures 5 July 2022, 10:00 - 11:00
- Understanding Customs, Procedures, Tariffs and Export Controls 11 July 2022, 10:00 - 11:00
- Routes to Market 6 July 2022, 10:00 – 11:00
- Selling Services Overseas (Part 2) 18 July 2022, 10:00 - 11:00
- Pricing Strategy 11 July 2022, 10:00 – 11:00
- Movement of Money (Getting Paid) 19 July 2022, 10:00 - 11:00
- Export Academy Half Day Foundation Workshop 16 August 2022, 9:30 - 12:30
- Export Academy Half Day Foundation Workshop (Part 2) 17 August 2022, 9:30 - 12:30
Doing Business in the USA
1 July, 2:00 – 3:00
The USA made easy - learn from the best on how to do business in the US. A no better way than this free webinar to get practical and pragmatic help on what are the most critical steps to consider when setting up in the USA or simply to improve on what you are currently doing in the US. Make great connections through the webinar and take full advantage of the concierge match making service.
Amazon & DIT Export Academy Masterclass: Sell to the World
13 July 2022, 14:00 – 15:00
Working out the steps needed to grow your business internationally can be daunting. That is where the DIT Export academy and Amazon's Global Selling team comes in. The UK (United Kingdom) Amazon Global selling team supports British businesses to grow worldwide. From North America to Australia, there is a possible store for every business. In this webinar, you will learn about export opportunities via Amazon and hear from companies that have grown globally.
An Introduction to the UK Tradeshow Programme: Q&A
19 July, 11:30 – 12:00
If your business has a turnover of £85,000 and up to £5 million, you could be eligible for support to attend, or exhibit at, a Trade Show overseas. Join Andrew Sayer, Assistant Director for the UK Tradeshow Programme, as he shares the latest updates and answers your questions on the programme, what it is and how you can get involved.
Amazon & DIT Export Academy Masterclass II: Building your Brand and Selling to the World
27 July, 14:00 – 15:00
Working out the steps needed to grow your business internationally can be daunting. That is where the DIT Export academy and Amazon's Global Selling team comes in. The UK Amazon Global selling team supports British businesses to grow worldwide. In this second webinar, you will learn about export opportunities via Amazon as well as the tools available to grow your brand internationally.
Spaces are limited for this programme so companies are advised to email eastinfo [at] mobile.trade.gov.uk to book or visit www.events.great.gov.uk/website/6264/