Hauser takes entrepreneurship back home
Cambridge technology entrepreneur and VC Hermann Hauser has taken enterprise back to his birthplace in the Tyrol by launching a new summer school in the Austrian haven of Alpbach.
It is the first major manifestation of the International Entrepreneurship Center Tirol (I.C.E.T) that Dr Hauser (pictured above) founded. His father ran a successful business from the region, giving Dr Hauser an early appetite for entrepreneurship.
Now he is taking enterprise back home with the new Alpbach Summer School for entrepreneurs. The inaugural event will be held in the resort from August 19-24. To underpin the initiative he has formed a partnership with both the European Forum Alpbach and the Centre for Entrepreneurial Learning (CfEL) at Cambridge Judge Business School.
The venture provides a framework for founders through which they are able to present their product or venture ideas to an international jury. The summer school will include a blend of lectures, interactive workshops and coaching with renowned mentors to prepare the participants for pitching at the end of the programme. The overall objective is to evolve the ideas to marketability and create successful new entrepreneurs and companies in the process.
Listing the benefits of the programme, Dr Hauser said attendees would:-
• Gain inspiration, motivation and tools to commercialise their idea
• Gain understanding of the process involved in taking novel technologies to market
• Better determine the best business models and marketing strategy
• Accelerate their idea and develop key entrepreneurial skills and contacts
• Be part of a vibrant, like-minded company and meet global-playing senior entrepreneurs
European PhD students or Post-Doc researchers from the fields of technology, advanced engineering, science and mathematics are now being invited to apply for the limited places on the programme.
• Those interested should apply by May 8, 2015 via email to //summerschools [at] alpbach.org">summerschools [at] alpbach.org using the subject heading ‘Entrepreneurship Summer School Application’.