Fifteen startups through to Pitchfest showdown in Cambridge
Fifteen companies from across Europe battled through the initial stage of Pitchfest in Cambridge and will contest the finals on December 5.
Organisers, the Enterprise Europe Network, in partnership with the Knowledge Transfer Network praised the high level of innovation on show as contenders showcased their products and services at St John’s Innovation Centre last week.
Early stage businesses paraded their innovation before potential investors and mentors in a bid to scale internationally.
The 15 finalists are: Data Solver; Sceenic; Mint Diagnostics; FreshBox; Ananas Anam; Sugarwise; HEROTECH8; Muuze; Keyzapp; Priferential Accessories; Emerge Biotech; ZiFiSense; 56Homes; Greenwall Environmental Evolution; Crayfish.io.
• Data Solver provides privacy management software for the General Data Protection Regulations which place businesses of all types under huge pressure in the way they handle other people’s data.
• Sceenic has created ‘Watch Together’ which allows media companies to transform their current video platform into an interactive watch together experience for users.
• Mint Diagnostics delivers real-time and accurate stress monitoring for the optimisation of human performance in sports and corporate health and wellbeing.
• FreshBox has invented a plug-in air pollution filter that removes fine particulates from inside a vehicle to improve long-term health outcomes of drivers in the urban realm.
• Ananas Anam has developed Piñatex®, a natural, sustainable alternative to leather made from waste pineapple leaves.
• Sugarwise has devised a way to cut the confusion around sugar, with a new test to identify lower sugar products and a corresponding on-pack marque showing consumers which products are better for them.
• HEROTECH8 is a UK-based robotics company with a vision to create wide-scale, clean and sustainable infrastructure hardware to support unmanned vehicles.
• Muuze helps journalists and bloggers to deliver higher-impact stories which engage readers for longer and raise content ROI.
• Keyzapp has developed what it believes is the fastest and simplest method of managing property keys.
• Priferential Accessories is a developer of a range of gaming accessories aimed primarily at the console sector (PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch).
• Emerge Biotech’s rationale is improving cancer therapy with disease-specific antibodies.
• ZiFiSense markets itself as the world’s first low power wide area network (LPWAN) with mesh for smart city, smart building and connected lighting based on its proprietary ZETA LPWAN technology.
• 56Homes has created the ‘2D Tape Measure’– revolutionising the way we measure and mark materials for construction and DIY.
• Greenwall Environmental Evolution claims to have developed the world’s first bespoke portable on-site asbestos in materials analyser.
• Crayfish.io is an online marketplace providing Chinese expertise and support for global businesses.support for global businesses.support for global businesses.
• PHOTOGRAPH SHOWS: Holly Philipps of Sugarwise