Pure gold as HCR Hewitsons backs Cambridge Innovation Summit
Experts from the health, materials and data sectors are set to bring ground-breaking ideas to the table at the Cambridge Innovation Summit 2022, sponsored this year by HCR Hewitsons and Silicon Valley Bank, working in partnership with Centre for Business Innovation (CfBI).
Taking place at the Graduate Hotel in Cambridge from 8.30am on 5 and 6 July, the Summit provides a unique opportunity for startups, professionals, and investors to hear from panellists on the innovation landscape and the opportunities and challenges they see.
Virtual coverage of the event expects to bring a global audience, with corporates registered from the US, Japan, China and across Europe.
Delegates will hear from:-
- Maggi Tebrake, Technical Specialist in Medical Materials at 3M, a science-based technology company creating products to enhance businesses
- Lauren Kisser, Director for Alexa International Q&A at Amazon’s Development Centre in Cambridge
- Adam Swash, Director at CfBI
- Peter Hewkin, CEO of CfBI
- Claire Kingsley, Senior Director at Illumina, which applies innovative technologies to the analysis of genetic variation and function
- Billy Boyle, CEO of Owlstone Medical, which is developing non-invasive breath biomarkers for early disease detection and precision medicine
- Roger Thornton, Director of Applications at Raspberry Pi, a computer science company providing affordable hardware and electronics for the home and for industry
- Philip Guildford, Director of Research for the Department of Engineering at the University of Cambridge.
Delegates will also hear from a curated group of startups and scale-ups looking for investment and partnership opportunities. These include some of Cambridge's most exciting start-ups and university spinouts in biotech, pharma and medicine, sustainability and net zero.
Whether it is novel treatments for aggressive cancers or eliminating plastics in the supply chain, the startups all have the power to change the way things work.
Nathan Evans, Commercial Partner and Technology Legal Specialist at HCR Hewitsons’ Cambridge office said: “We’re delighted to be supporting the Cambridge Innovation Summit 2022 as this year’s Golden Sponsors.
“It is an event renowned by the city’s technology centres and we’re excited to hear what pioneering ideas will be shared by Cambridge-based tech experts.”
Peter Hewkin, CEO of CfBi, added: “We are delighted to see the Cambridge Innovation Summit ‘getting physical’ again thanks to generous sponsorship from HCR Hewitsons.
“Now in its eighth year, the Summit draws corporate innovation thought leaders from around the world to Cambridge, with the opportunity to meet exciting peers and partners and find best practices.”