Compact heating block system
A UK company offers a proven system for pharmaceutical and process chemists that provides a safe and reliable method of heating reactions, avoiding the need for messy and dangerous oil baths.
This design-protected modular range enables clean, safe synthesis for single or multiple reactions.
This established range of design-protected heating blocks enables clean, safe synthesis for single or multiple reactions. It was developed by chemists and included valued contributions from such organisations as the Department of Chemistry, Cambridge University. The equipment is already established as proven technology, chosen by key pharmaceutical companies, biotechs, contract research organisations and universities among many others.
No longer do the hazards of hot silicon oil baths or mantles have to be a necessary health and safety risk in every laboratory, while new additions to the heating block family have ensured that more and more users can enjoy the clear-cut benefits of this exceptional technology. In addition to safety, the DrySyn units provide energy consumption savings of up to 75% when compared to an oil bath.
The compact range is particularly useful, as multiple reactions can be carried out on a single stirrer hotplate, saving space and increasing efficiency. Chemists like using the modular system. It enables them to mix and match inserts and so to use a variety of flasks and vials at the same time - great flexibility. In addition to the safety, convenience and versatility of the standard range, the ability to have inserts custom-made to fit reaction vessels for each individual application means these products are becoming essential equipment in chemical laboratories around the world.
Providing excellent heating and stirring performance but without the high risk of fire and toxic fumes from an oil bath.
This cost-effective modular heating block range is now the proven alternative to oil baths and mantles, guaranteeing clean, safe synthesis, while achieving the highest possible heating performance. It converts any standard hotplate stirrer into a reaction block for three flasks or up to 12 vials and offers the ultimate in flexibility for heating round-bottomed flasks, tubes and vials.
Made of chemically resistant, 100% recyclable aluminium, the heating blocks offer excellent heating control and performance up to 300ºC. They can heat a reaction flask 25 per cent faster than an oil bath. Other advantages include:
• excellent reaction visibility due to shallow well and clear anodised finish • creates a safer, cleaner and more efficient working environment • equal or better heating performance than silicon oil • flask breakages are almost unknown
Partner expertise sought:
- Type of partner sought: industry and academia;
- Specific area of activity of the partner: chemical synthesis;
- Task to be performed by the partner sought: The company is looking for commercial and academic partners interested in using the heating block system in chemical synthesis applications. The collaboration sought includes one or more of the following:
• Technical Collaboration (e.g. application specific development) • Commercial Agreement with Technical Assistance
The company is also interested in approaches from additional commercial partners with proven access into the chemical laboratory market within a specific region/territory.