More and more businesses in the East of England are using UKTI support to help them make the most of the unique trading partnership between the UK and the US.
Gilda Carbone addresses opportunities for East of England businesses in Canada. Gilda is a Trade Officer based in Toronto, Canada. She leads on the Financial and Professional Services, ICT, and Biotechnology/Pharmaceutical sectors for the UKTI network in Canada for trade.
Canada has made fresh overtures to life science and ICT companies in the Cambridge UK technology cluster to forge potentially lucrative trade alliances.
Revolutionary inhaler technology from Vectura, whose delivery devices division is based in Cambridge UK, has made an important first breakthrough into Latin America.
Cambridge UK plant engineering software specialist AVEVA has scored a major success in the Latin American petrochemical sector.
Telensa, a smart wireless street lighting control company based at the heart of the Cambridge UK technology cluster, has appointed Burt Wallace to head up its North American operation in Atlanta, Georgia.
East of England exports to the United States are almost 10 per cent ahead year-on-year, UKTI reports.
C4 Carbides, a Cambridge manufacturer of power tool accessories and industrial band saw blades, looks set to deliver a ten-fold increase in exports to Brazil, thanks to UKTI support.
A strengthening American economy makes it fertile ground for ambitious businesses based in the Cambridge technology cluster and Eastern region of the UK, the US Ambassador to Britain Matthew W. Barzun has told Business Weekly in an exclusive interview.
Cambridge-based Zinwave, a global provider of distributed antenna systems for in-building cellular coverage, is expanding its commercial presence in the US in response to growing demand for anywhere access to 4G LTE services via Smartphones.
Cambridge UK wireless technology business CRFS, which supplies wideband RF spectrum monitoring and surveillance systems, has opened operations on America’s East Coast to supplement its California presence.
Digital radio technology from Cambridge UK business Sepura has earned a significant new accreditation in Brazil.
At least 11 US States have signed up for the Transatlantic Business Forum in Cambridge UK in June where export issues impacting on industrial and technology companies will be explored by Anglo-American experts.
Opportunities for fresh transatlantic trade initiatives between Cambridge UK and US technology and business organisations are being backed at embassy level.
Cambridge UK IPTV specialist Amino has plugged in to lucrative new business in the Caribbean.
Cambridge Connection, which is promoting the UK technology cluster to new global partners, has opened up Chile for the respective business communities.
- UKTI case study – The Business Performance Group
- Software bug buster on the Oregon trail
- Making the most of technology opportunities in the US Midwest
- Value not volume drives US life sciences
- Go West! Firms offered masterclass in exporting to the US
- Coming to America? Then act American – play fair but play to win!
- Transversal opening US office as sales soar
- Window to the world: Lord Green meets innovators
- UKTI country profile – Mexico
- UKTI case study – Engineering Maintenance Technologies
- UKTI country profile – Canada
- Brazil’s leading set-top box provider chooses XJTAG
- $1 million Florida deal for Ubisense
- New EU–Colombia trade avenue created
- Cyan cracks Brazil with $135k deal
- US Midwest deal for Cambridge tech firm
Page 1 of 6