A children’s nursery in Cambridge was rescued at the 11th hour when Cambridge & Counties Bank saved it from a funding crisis. The bank stepped in after the original proposed lender pulled out at short notice.
Scientia, a Cambridge-based world leader in timetabling and resource management solutions for the Higher Education sector, has appointed Allen Scott as its chief operating officer to drive growth in the UK and globally.
Vaccinating mothers in pregnancy as well as adults likely to be around newborn babies may be required to stem the rise of whooping cough, which kills almost 200,000 children worldwide every year.
Boeing has presented Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group with a Supplier of the Year award for its performance on the P-8 maritime patrol and reconnaissance aircraft.
The future of Norwich’s last remaining shoe manufacturer is set to be secured with the news that outline agreement has been reached for the company to be bought by its management.
Barclays is supporting the strategic goals of law firm Tollers LLP with banking facilities of £3m.
Simarco, one of the UK’s leading independent freight firms, has acquired Staffordshire-based operator, IFB, for an undisclosed sum.
Four new office units have been topped out at Beacon Park in Gorleston, Norfolk - marking the second phase of an ambitious speculative development which has been made possible through a unique public-private partnership.
Howes Percival has expanded its commercial property team in response to a significant increase in its caseload. Hannah Bordiss has been appointed as an associate to the law firm’s Northampton office.
Simons Group has started construction of a complete new hospital for Nuffield Health on Trumpington Road in Cambridge.
Cambridge UK superchip designer ARM hoisted Q1 dollar revenues 16 per cent and sterling pre-tax profits nine per cent year-on-year – but CEO Simon Segars urged shareholders to check out the bigger picture to take even greater heart from the long-term strategy of the business.
Medical technology from Cambridge UK cancer business Sentinel Oncology is being developed and commercialised by US company Oncothyreon in a collaboration that could bring the Science Park firm mega-millions.
Elsinore Foods, a market leading business specialising in niche seafood and delicatessen products, has been sold to UK supplier Golden Acre Foods for an undisclosed sum in a deal steered by Cambridge professionals.
Hexcel Corporation, whose composites technology business is based in Cambridge UK, has reported record first quarter results to March 31.
Cambridge science and technology companies have helped the East of England region to another exceptional haul of Queen’s Awards for international trade, innovation and sustainable development.
UK pharma company AstraZeneca, which is set to bring 2,000 jobs to the Cambridge medical technology cluster by 2016, has rejected a takeover approach from global heavyweight Pfizer.
- Record jobs created in Cambridge and the East
- Cambridge technology consultancy up for sale
- Sepura defies forex headwinds as profits and revenue soar
- UK soils database makes Internet debut
- Reshoring only part of manufacturing magic, says IfM
- Birketts grows Private Client team
- CUP rolls out digital products across the globe
- Pallas coup for Cambridge technology hub
- Dobson’s choice for Heineken Prize
- Lifetime Achievement Award for accountancy expert
- New tool for surgeons could save NHS millions
- Print firm secures £3.3 million growth funding
- MacLean Electrical opens Norfolk base
- Funding for ARU technology fight against ageing
- New capsule could provide remedy for iron deficiency
- Tech train opens fast-track from Cambridge to Stansted
- Cambridge experts fight diabetes depression
- MNOs handed keys to M2M technology trillions
- Product development hots up as GEO hits Kickstarter bullseye
- HSBC allocates £6 billion for fast-growing SMEs
- Zapp takes Featurespace to fight payment fraud
- Big hitters pile into Cambridge economic powerhouse
- Cambridge Consultants fast-tracks global growth
- Cambridge-US antibodies alliance
- Sanger evidence on cancer genes
- Cambridge power behind app throne
- Napp debuts in profits of boom table
- Hexcel spreads wings after 80 years of innovation
- Aveillant-Thales radar integration a breeze
- How plants become zombies
- Gates Cambridge intake spans the planet
- Quixant completes £25m placing
Page 1 of 155