Law firm Penningtons Manches LLP has opened an office in San Francisco’s Financial District to leverage a large network of clients and contacts in San Francisco and Silicon Valley.
With health and safety laws tougher than ever, East of England companies are being handed the chance to brush up on legislation and avoid falling foul of enforcers.
Leading national law firm Mills & Reeve has advised the University of Northampton on financing for its new multi-million pound Waterside Project, which will see the university relocate to a new purpose built campus in the centre of Northampton.
Cambridge law firm Mills & Reeve has advised the Institute of Education on its merger with University College London, which has been hailed as a major coup for the capital by Mayor Boris Johnson.
Cambridge law firm Mills & Reeve is grateful that the Royal Shakespeare Company has failed to heed the advice of Dick the Butcher to Jack Cade in Henry V1 Part 2 – “The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.”
Matthew Gowen has joined the corporate criminal defence team at top 100 law firm Birketts as a barrister.
Lawyers at Mills & Reeve in Cambridge and Norwich are advising Columbus International Inc and its shareholders on the sale of the company to Cable & Wireless.
John Dix is stepping down as head of Cambridge UK law firm Hewitsons after 10 years at the helm to take a leading role in academia in Europe’s leading technology cluster.
Unlike the world of boxing, East Anglia’s heavyweight division continues to pack a punch from every corner.
The Legal 500 guide recognises the power of technology in Cambridge as a catalyst for relocation by international companies seeking a foothold in Europe – and as a breeding ground for some of the most innovative startups on the planet.
Even during the last downturn, spending on education projects remained high as schools – but more particularly university colleges – invested in the future.
Human resources – the gold dust of every business on the planet. Look after your people and you thrive. Neglect them at your peril. Employment law in East Anglia is a major strength and the expertise of the top Human Resources lawyers is well charted in The Legal 500 guide.
Corporate and commercial instructions put a nice dollop of jam on the bread and butter for most of the region’s law firms.
There have never been so many cranes towering above the East Anglia landscape. Business parks, academic institutions, private companies and speculative developers are holding planners’ feet to the flames to help drive growth for the regional and national economies.
A move for its London office to the iconic Shard building underlined Mathys & Squire’s status as a UK patent and TM attorney practice that really meant business.
With land prices in East Anglia running at such high levels, it is hardly surprising that local legal expertise ‘in the field’ is in such demand.
- Cambridge trio up for major legal awards
- Cambridge legal eagles flying high
- French connection for Cambridge law firm
- Law firm in historic franchisee-aided MBO
- Ashton KCJ raises number of partners to 32
- Legal hotshots in record £59.7m di Maria transfer
- Here comes the Sunkin in justice campaign
- Ashton KCJ advises administrators in leather retailer sale
- Real estate team crosses the road to join rival law firm
- Birketts handles software acquisition for City firm
- Penningtons strengthens Cambridge hand
- BUPA sells Thetford care home
- Birketts advises insurance software provider on sale
- Eversheds wins HealthInvestor Award
- Global patent attorney moves onto Norwich Research Park
- Birketts chips into timber industry acquisition
Page 1 of 14