A £500,000 airport-themed education centre designed to boost skills across science, technology, engineering and maths subjects (STEM) is underway at Stansted Airport.
Soaring passenger numbers at Stansted allied to the global clout of the Cambridge technology cluster have handed the airport’s owners unprecedented leverage in a renewed bid to lure US long haul carriers back to the UK hub.
The number of passengers using Stansted Airport each year is growing at the fastest rate since February 2005 as over 19.4 million passed through the terminal in the 12 months ending October 2014 – an increase of 9.8 per cent over the previous year.
easyJet chief executive, Carolyn McCall says that the Luton-based airline has put “clear blue sky” between itself and its competitors after a year of financial success and international growth.
An Ipswich freight and logistics firm is targeting a record turnover of close to £3 million this year, after receiving funding from Bibby Financial Services.
Ryanair has opened up several new services to Europe as part of its winter schedule from Stansted Airport.
Stansted Airport’s strategy to secure more scheduled freighter services has gathered momentum as its cargo development team heads to South Korea this week to hold top level talks with potential new airlines.
Phase one of Stansted Airport’s brand new international departure lounge was officially opened by M.A.G chief executive Charlie Cornish and Stansted Airport’s managing director Andrew Harrison at a special event to mark the launch of the World Duty Free Group’s new flagship store and entrance into the multi-million pound development.
Cyprus Airways has brought a new daily service to Stansted from Larnaca.
Germanwings has launched a new route between Düsseldorf and London Stansted.
M.A.G has underlined its commitment to the career development of its staff by unveiling a new £500,000 training facility at Stansted Airport.
The very first time I set foot in the Shangri-La Hotel was in 1988 when my host, a Mr Tan, was proudly showing me ‘the best hotel in Singapore’.
Cambridge’s boom town potential has been underscored by a new rail blueprint unveiled as part of Gatwick Airport’s expansion plans.
Commuters can now literally tap into a taxi on their iPhone or Android device thanks to new technology from Cambridge UK business Cordic.
A new centre for transport modelling and testing opens in Milton Keynes next month.
London Stansted-based charter and airline sub-charter specialist, Titan Airways, has secured several new tour operator ski flight contracts for winter 2014/15.
- Tour de force as Cambridge to Verona flights take off
- ITO World works with Google on public transport project
- Marshall technology reduces pilot fatigue
- Stansted revives former glories
- CityJet’s new Cambridge routes take flight
- Plane sailing in Fred. Olsen’s airport move
- Qatar launches Stansted to Doha and Hong Kong freight line
- Thomas Cook serves up US summer sizzler from Stansted
- New East England ambassador at cottages4you
- Meet the Fokkers as CityJet opens new Cambridge routes
- Tech train opens fast-track from Cambridge to Stansted
- Ryanair growth to support 2,000 new Stansted jobs
- Jersey flights in high demand
- Etihad halts Cambridge flights to Geneva and Amsterdam
- Stansted Airport transforms terminal
- KLM UK Engineering takes on 13 recruits
Page 1 of 12