Rail operator Abellio Greater Anglia is opening a new, off-peak half-hourly service between the technology cluster in Cambridge and the UK’s Stansted Airport as part of a £20 million investment in its East of England services.
Ryanair is rapidly expanding its services from Stansted in a move that CEO Michael O’Leary says will deliver growth of two million passengers a year and support 2,000 new on-site jobs at the Essex hub.
Cambridge International Airport has reported soaring demand for services to Jersey.
Flights between Cambridge International Airport in the UK and Geneva and Amsterdam have been temporarily suspended following a review of operations by Etihad Airways.
Aviation Minister, Robert Goodwill, has officially opened Stansted Airport’s new and improved 22 lane security search area – the first phase of Stansted’s £80 million project to transform the iconic terminal building and improve the passenger experience.
Norfolk’s flagship aircraft maintenance company, KLM UK Engineering, has taken on 13 apprentices in earn-while-you-learn roles.
Qatar Airways will become the latest major airline to join Stansted Airport’s global cargo network when it begins a new service from Doha in May.
Cambridge International Airport is playing host to The UK’s 10th Business and General Aviation Day (BGAD) in September.
Stansted Airport saw almost 1.6 million passengers pass through the terminal in January 2014 – an increase of 7.2 per cent over the same month last year.
A high speed rail link serving the London-Stansted-Cambridge technology corridor, more rail services into Europe’s innovation capital and backing for continued expansion at Stansted Airport were demanded in a Westminster debate that highlighted how Cambridge’s growth could boost the UK economy.
Shares in Luton based low fares airline easyJet started to go into a tailspin on early trading as the company reported widening losses.
The Cambridge UK technology cluster has been officially plumbed into an unprecedented global network of trade hotspots by the launch of the new Etihad Regional airline brand.
UK airport regulator CAA has lit the touchpaper to a fresh phase of growth at Stansted Airport by freeing the Essex hub from restrictive price controls.
An aircraft dismantling and recycling facility launched in Norwich has created an aviation industry service unique in the UK.
Atlantic Airways, the Faroe Island based airline, has decided to move its UK flight operations back to Stansted and will launch new direct services on June 5, 2014.
Cambridge Airport will play a key role in Etihad Airways’ new regional operation after the UAE national carrier acquired a 33.3 per cent stake stake in Swiss carrier Darwin Airline, which operates four routes from Cambridge.
- Flying in the face of recession
- What a whirl – I lost my heart to an old Galway girl
- Cambridge launches flights to the US
- Electric highway links Luton to Leeds
- Magic ‘Carpat’ ride to Moldova
- Cambridge Airport newcomer targets US and Middle East
- CAA decision to unleash aircraft innovation
- Thomas Cook scales up at Stansted
- Transport systems Catapult centre for Milton Keynes
- Russian cargo flights launched at Stansted
- Cambridge firm takes the heat for The Three Degrees
- 4-runway option for Stansted on growth agenda
- £80m Stansted expansion backed by Government
- Cambridge Airport confirms European expansion
- Cambridge Airport launches four new European routes
- Cambridge Airport sees Jersey bookings soar
Page 1 of 10